We now have over 550 characters uploaded, plus 130 members! Last month brought in a lot of cool members, and we hope to provide you with an excellent and fun experience as always!
I’m happy to announce A WHOLE NEW TYPE OF CHALLENGE sure to spook everyone. These are Talent Shows, and they are exclusive to small and tiny dragons. These dragons were previously excluded from races with the big dragons, so now’s their time to shine! If many people participate in Talent Shows, then we will hold them more often.
LEARN MORE HERE
To commemorate the event, a method to make your dragon smaller has been introduced. This is a legendary item, but will be available temporarily in the Silvence store until its normal obtainment method is implemented. Several small changes have been made to make Challenges more fun, including allowing Independent dragons to compete! Check all of the changes in the last section.
- The USD store received price drops across the board on 8/5/2019.
- The inventory no longer displays items that you do not have (EG x0 Tame Rats).
- The Den furniture number limit is removed. You are still not allowed to have duplicate pieces of furniture, though!
- Dragon Knight > Master training option has been adjusted to hopefully clarify it more. All ten unique training prompts, distributed among your dragons as desired!
- Guess which job has two unlock options, two Trained promotion options, and three Master promotion options? Answer: All of them! They’re now even with the Adventurer prompts.
- ‘Holding at least one Party in their Den’ is now a Knight –> Master Prestige option
- There is now a folder for Political Affiliation quests/entries.
- Mac the Nerd Bird’s description has been adjusted. You may now depict him wearing glasses or sitting on someone else’s glasses to get the bonus.
- The exp page now has two small tutorials on creating sense of depth in your composition.
- Rare elemental loot for the following activities now have an increased drop rate: Caving, Gathering, Salvaging. The exception is the Lost Barrels item, which is still rare.
- A huge assortment of traits received buffs. Please inspect them whenever you deal with them to learn more! Charged Trait effects are now consolidated into the main trait page.
- Lovebirds now drop from Second Bond activities.
- The trainer prerequisite has been updated! It is now ‘Train a dragon in the same stat three times.’ This may now also be one dragon trained or multiple.
- Hopefully the LAST balance tweak for Rancher– Ranchers will receive the following encounter rates: Novice – +2% chance of familiar events | Trained – +4% chance of familiar events | Master – +6% chance of familiar events. Furthermore, the RNG for their final ability is being removed. It will now always trigger for treasure hunting familiars (raven, loveletter kite, chickadee, etc.) as long as that familiar is illustrated in the same image it is applied to. Less random = more treasure
- The Beginner’s Guide now properly links to the element pages.
- Challenge Tiers have been implemented: ccbestiary.com/challenge-tiers…
- An error where the canon race lore was not linked in Step Two of the beginner’s guide has been fixed. (the error was between the keyboard and seat).
- New Lore for NPCs : ccbestiary.com/chronocompass-n… .
- New Lore for the origin of dragons: ccbestiary.com/forgotten-lore/
- Rider personalities must contain at least three sentences now.
- The Hatchery Quest has been updated to allow for existing dual-element Riders to participate. Several small changes were made to the quest lines to improve their flow.
- New free modifier has been added–Spines.
- If RNG is kicking your butt for crafting job unlocks, fear no more. Well, maybe fear a little bit. A second prerequisite option has been added for crafters–your character may also become a crafter if they fail at the corresponding craft 5 times.If you have attempted a craft over five times for a promotion, at any point in the game, message the group to receive a refund for the extra crafts.
- The crafting requirement for Cloth has been lowered from 5 String to 3 String.
- One of the Master Trainer’s perks has been clarified: “Their dragons can learn Tier IV magic for both of that dragon’s elements. When breeding, only one Tier IV magic can be chosen as a breeding buff, with the other staying at Tier II.”
- You may now choose if your Ultra-rare egg hatches as a crossbreed or not!
- You can now transfer commissioned crafts or apply den items straight from the crafting page! Surplus crafts, if applicable, are deposited into the crafter’s inventory.
- All deviantART thumbs now link to the website’s item page. All item pages have been updated with accurate information.
- Flowerbed Recipe Update (Herbs are removed, Roses and Flower Seeds are added.)
- New, Extra Intermediate String Recipe (x2 Fleece)
- String is removed from the Dreamcatcher recipe
- First Aid Kit can now be used on your own dragons in addition to the dragons of other players. If using the dragon of another player, you must have leasing permission in order to heal it.
- The number of herbs required for the Garden recipe has been reduced from 5 to 2. x1 Pepper and x1 Aloe Vera were added.
- Koi Pond recipe no longer requires herbs. x1 Algae was added to the recipe for a new total of x3 Algae.
- Padron Pepper Roulette no longer requires Herbs.
- Mutton Stew now only requires x1 Prepared Meat.
- New perk for Trained Trainer and Master Trainer: “Training prompts give 2 stat points to dragons instead of 1. This does not affect how much stat-increasing items (such as food) give your dragons.”
- An error wherein Opposing traits passed as Neutral traits has been fixed. Eggs that already have these traits can, of course, keep them
- A glitch wherein Ultra-rare eggs had legendary trait ratios has been fixed.
- ALL players should have their ccbestiary account set up. Please contact the group if this is not the case.
- The Redeem Items page has been changed to Redeem Inventory. Additionally, a form to hatch eggs has been provided.
- Imports will no longer be allowed to have shading unless they have Sheen, Shimmer, Iridescence, Artificial traits, or any trait that would cause a light effect. This should cut down confusion for people turning in very shiny beans without the Sheen trait.
- The ccbestiary login page has been updated to be more welcoming.
- Going forward, because the items will no longer bloat pages, we can track the Elemental alignment of any crafted jewelry via the inventory system.
- Small adornments has had its additional effect added to the description. Previously, it was only on the crafting page.
- Opals may now be used as a substitute in any crafts, not just jewelry crafts (with the exception of Forged Metal).
- Gemstones, Ores, and Crafted item subcategories can now be accessed from the Information > Item Database menu. Previously, only Familiars were available to view. Challenge Tiers has been added under the Activities > Challenges menu.
- All gemstones now have additional obtainment methods noted on their item page (IE, you can get one from a bird feeder).
- Jewelry effects that relied on environment now use terrains instead of specific features. Quartz, Pearls, Floating Coral, and Geodes currently have no effect when used in Jewelry.
- Independent dragons may now participate in challenges. Because of Trainers, training, and Familiar bonuses, they will still have a bit of a disadvantage, but they can get in on the fun now ! They may increase their stats through food items.
- You can only be in one versus match against a player/NPC at a time. IE, you can’t challenge the same Emissary until all races with that Emissary have been concluded. Otherwise, the limit numbers of racing have not changed.
- Small adjustment to one of the Trainer promotions — ‘ Show your Rider and dragon facing off against a rival. The rival must be a character that does not belong to you. Only one Rider per image can gain a Trainer promotion this way. ‘
- A glitch wherein recessive mutations for the dam would not roll has been fixed. This doesn’t change past breedings–it threw back errors prior to this, so we noted that your mutations were rolled manually if it affected you/you had the correct pass rates if the breeding included one of these.
- Tiers now have a stat cap (which are sort of hard to reach, but nonetheless, levels the playing field for players stuck in tier one during these first few weeks). Tier One — 30. Tier Two — 50. Tier Three – NONE. Stat boosts like trainer buffs, equipment, familiars, etc. can boost a dragon past the limit/will be applied as usual.
- Koi Pond now lets you interact with any body of water, not just a pond.
- First Aid Kit now heals 15 HP
- Soft Bed now heals 25 HP
- The Den page now separates simple decorations from den prompts (to help with figuring out Rider Prestige).
- You no longer need to do Den Prompts on the premises of the Den. However, prompts must be done with the Den in mind (IE getting something for the Den as the prompt goal)
- Other players may now lease Den furniture. At least one character that lives in the Den must still be present. If the artist intends to turn in the other players’ character for items or effects from a Den Prompt, then the character must also be leased.
- When going through Character Submissions, you may now request a lineage for unassigned beans (such as semi-customs and certain eggs).
- To ease mod workload, an activity limit has been put back into place. Spreading out massive adventure rolls over a few days really helps us process queue faster and lets us give attention to all players.