Here’s your monthly update on new items, familiars, features, a new
moderator, new Emissaries, new backgrounds, and so on. We also have a
new ‘rule’ which is more like a bit of information :3 . Let’s cut to the
Please welcome the excellent Sunlitsecrets to the moderation team~!
We backup art of your characters, Den Art, challenges, and occassionally use art as examples on the ccbestiary site. This ‘rule’ simply informs everyone that we do that. You can always opt out of this or ask that one piece in particular stay off the site. We have personally contacted players that currently have art hosted on the site in these situations. All art is credited with links to the deviation and a link to their deviantART profile. If you would like to opt out, if you have input, or if you have questions, simply note the group.
You may now change the elements of your Riders–free of cost–as long as it meets certain conditions. These conditions are having one element or having an ‘unused’ element (no dragons that rely on that element to raise).
Talent Show Changes:
its first month, it became apparent that Talent Shows needed to be
remixed some more! So you can look forward to the changes, effective
- Both winners and losers gain 1 SC.
- Each Talent Show lasts one week. There is currently one ongoing (Theme: Spirits).
- To go with the reduced time window, talent shows now have one winner instead of three.
- Your loot and familiars now match the dragon you enter with! If you want a Corgi, enter with an Earth Dragon. If you want some Diamonds, enter with a Light Dragon. So on and so forth :3
- The Roller has been updated with a prize roller. In addition, a link to the roller is now on the Talent Show page itself.
- Riders only need to be half body or more now (to better show their little creatures)
- Writing requirement has been lowered from 600 to 500 words (for a total of 1000 words instead of 1200 words).
- The page had a bit of a rework to make the objectives clearer.
Hopefully these changes make things more enticing! We’re always open to feedback.
- All rotating journals have been turned over.
- Jewelry items now have their gemstone specified in your inventory.
- Breeze has had its uses expanded.
- Dazzle has been updated to allow for all traits to be affected (unless they can’t be affected by color modifiers).
- Light Dragons may now use any pastel colors instead of just warm ones.
- Outdated information on the Thunder dragon page regarding artificial scales has been removed.
- Ocean Dragons now allow for black and white in all traits, along with their base scales.
- Storm Dragons may now have white or gray bases and trait colors.
- Dark Dragons may now have warm bases in addition to cool bases.
- The Race folder is now the Challenge folder–you put all Challenges in there.
- Aurora may now extend to the ventral side of wings.
- Spectrum may now affect the base color of your dragon.
- Raptor tail and feathered wing color rules have been clarified a bit. In addition, the information is easier to find.
- Flaunt buffs: it now allows you to change the colors of all markings in its range (within elemental rules. It can also be in soft patches, rather than covering the front or back half of a dragon.
- Leasing rules for activities are officially added.
- Small Potion has been buffed from 30 HP to 40 HP
- The Soft Bed den prompt now only heals residents of the Den. It also cures the sleep status.
- Bonded Riders now have full access to each others’ Den Prompts and count as a resident of that Den.
- The vixen’s effect has changed–it’s now ‘If an activity roll would fail, receive 1 random elemental item instead.’ Its image on the Familiars page has also been fixed~
- In addition to fluffy eyebrows, charged bearded now allows you to create an upside-down mane on the belly of your dragon.
- There is now a ‘softer’ / finer speckled dart frog example on the trait page :3
- The ‘Customizing Your Import’ page has been added to the group front page as well as the site menu for easy access.
- Rancher page has been updated to say that you should note when a Familiar is depicted with the rancher III bonus–we miss this all the time, so this helps us tremendously.
- The website sidebar is updated–inventory stuff is now at the top, and there’s a split between New Dragons and New Riders (showing off a few more new characters than before!). There’s still a way to go with uploads, but we’re getting there.
- The Character Changes & Transfers page had a facelift.
- Scorched and Suntouched no longer need to cover all points–the minimum is simply two. Their Charged effect has been changed to allow for multiple colors on each point, rather than a custom number of points covered.
- Two new pages have been made for the website–both are simple and should be fun. #1 : Your Inventory | ccbestiary.com/your-inventory/ Instead of rummaging around your profile, you can now see a streamlined list of items. Other players will still be able to see the items on your profile (if you have your profile set to public). #2 : Recent Spoils | ccbestiary.com/recent-spoils/ This lets you see your earnings for the month. Curious about how much extra Aloe Vera you’re bringing home? Want to see how much Silvence you racked up this month? This is a neat little way to tally it. If you haven’t earned anything this month, then it will appear to be empty.
- While the search bar can help you quickly find characters, there are ways to specify it further. The Advanced Search Help page can help you narrow down dragons for breeding, find crafters to help you out, track down the offspring of a dragon, find characters of certain lore races, and more! ccbestiary.com/advanced+search…
- There is going to be a delay on the battle mechanic; despite a bit of preparation, it is still seriously WIP and with the amount of time left, proper balancing is not possible. Rather than rush the system out, this month’s event focuses on taming.
- Striped received a small update! They may now fade out in a gradient (as long as the main stripes are opaque). They do not have to imitate an animal, nor do they need to look natural, but they still can’t make tribal shapes.
- Fog has been added to the storm terrain options.
- The Magic Learning form now covers both tier two and tier three magic, to make it easier to track failed tier three magic.
- Both the Rider and Dragon import info have had their information moved around a bit. Random bolding is less of an issue.
- The wording on Star Chart has been changed from ‘space adventure’ to ‘stellar adventure.’ Now your pirates and explorers can use that star chart to navigate.
- There is a lore page for Chronoscape Wildlife. It is still WIP, but you may use it to learn a bit about the worlds. ccbestiary.com/chronoscape-wil…
- Dragons may now shrink without an item, as long as they don’t go lower than medium (medium+ is only semantics, since it only serves to disqualify/qualify dragons for certain challenges).
- The Bumblebuddy now has a 100% chance (instead of 50%) to bring back an extra item if herbs or berries can be acquired. The item brought home is still randomly selected and can be viewed in the Familiar roller.
- Starting on November 15th, all Emissaries will have magic bonuses applied to their stats (+5 for each tier in the respective stat). They may have their difficulties/tiers shuffled accordingly. Make sure to fight them before they reach their final form™ !
- A new Tier IV magic mechanic has been implemented. If your dragon knows tier iv magic and has a trait that matches that element, that trait becomes Charged. You can design a ‘magic’ version accordingly whenever you update their reference sheet. Charged traits still have no effect on breeding.
- Additionally, every element now has several magic examples on their page. It’s not all-inclusive, but it should give you a better idea of the traits and fanciness your dragon can sport after all that work. You are still welcome to explore the possibilities outside the lists.
- Quartz, Floating Coral, and Geodes now have an effect when crafted in Jewelry.
- Feisty Fish has been buffed to +3 in all stats; In addition, Feisty Fish’s bonus also applies to Riders (this means that it is added twice when Trainer buffs are in effect).
- Salvaging has been officially expanded to include salvaging land-based stuff (wreckages, ruins, etc.) .
- Shark now allows for Mollusk patterns in addition to Fish patterns (squids, octopi, and nudibranches galore).
- The Random Egg Roller has received a very needed update. First, rarity was adjusted to make each egg more distinct. This mostly affects Rare and Ultra-rare eggs. Second, Ultra-rare marks now have an increased chance of appearing on all elements in the UR or Legendary mark slot. Third, it now automatically tells you if a trait is charged. Fourth (mostly for us mods) you can now copy/paste the form.
- Boneless now has a charged effect.
- Dragon Taming and the Art Turn-in archive have been added to the website menu.
- To avoid mods accidentally opening up NSFW content at inopportune times, we now request that you put your content warning/tags directly into your art turn-in form (in the same line you link the art). Thank you!
- The Affiliation Store now (tentatively) has Emissary Slots available.
- Carmine Yogurt now gives a 10% boost to Calm dragons instead of 15% .
- All food items now give a 10% boost to Neutral and Friendly dragons instead of 5%.
- The Plated Spine page specifies that it can go down the limbs. Additionally, Charged Plated Spine has been combined with its normal effect (it no longer has a Charged effect). It will still never affect the underbelly or lower sides of limbs/tails/neck/head.
- The Adventure Roller now has a tab for Dragon Taming rolls! (make sure the food matches the dragon’s disposition before checking that box)