Judges: @the7eventhrider, @h0ata
Competitors & Scores
Competitors: Solitary 416 and Ashgar 36
Judge Scores: 35 , 30
1) The backgrounds in both pieces have an incredible sense of depth; the layering and the intricacies of the color make such a creative and vibrant landscape! The characters really anchor the composition. The only thing missing is a real sense of magic use and costumes–maybe a party hat would have helped?
2) Lovely bold colours and I really like the almost tribal look with the patterning in the background, particularly those spiralling fireworks. I do wish that there were more theme related details, perhaps Solitary could have been levitating the drinks to guests, or some food, decorations or partygoers could have been added into the background.
The judges give Solitary a combined score of 65. Their training gives them an additional 23 points for a final score of 88.
1 SC, x1 Treated Wood, 100 Silvence, Carmine Yogurt, Pumice, Large Stone, +1 Max HP
Competitors: Frogbert 168 and Cee 41
Judge Scores: 45, 51
1) Love the description + imagery in the first piece, very imaginative and it certainly makes me wish I was there! I must also mention the wonderfully stylish hat essence is wearing, what a classy wyrm!. The only thing I can really find fault with is there not being many party details in the second submission.
2) I adore using Frogbert’s magic in party prep. You really nailed the descriptions of the party, but I found myself wanting a little bit of dialogue to really hear what Cee was thinking. I have so many things I adore in the picture. You really captured some great details. The teapot, the expressions…wonderful!
The judges give Frogbert a combined score of 96. Their training gives them an additional 20 points for a final score of 116.
1 SC, 2 Max HP, x1 Treated Wood, Rhino Beetle, 200 Silvence, Carmine Yogurt, Small Bones, Large Stone, Herbs, Herbs
Competitors: Prince Charming E53 and Liam 28
Judge Scores: 34, 39
1) Lovely decorations, looks like a very fancy party and the prince proves to be very charming indeed. I like the little details, like the vase of flowers and the patterning on the balloon. Both pictures are cropped very close to the characters, it would’ve been nice to see some more of the party scene.
2) I have to say that I’m obsessed with the textures in this piece; Liam’s jacket in particular just has this incredible vibe. I also really love the party background, though I think both backgrounds are a little lacking in terms of content.
The judges give Prince Charming a combined score of 73. Their training gives them an additional 19 points for a final score of 92.
1 SC, x1 Small Health Potion, Rhino Beetle, 100 Silvence, Carmine Yogurt, Herbs, Claws and Fangs, +1 Max HP