Judges: @the7eventhrider , @tomboy-kei
Competitors & Scores
Competitors: Stonefall 246 and Aren’dra 70
Judge Scores: 48, 52
1) I love the more pure take on the love letters, with it being more of fan mail. The overall background palette work well together and the characters pops even if some have similar colors~ I feel the background elements may have a bit jarring of jump in colors at times however, maybe some finer lines for background elements would improve the piece?
2) I absolutely love the expressions in this piece. Every character has a story to tell, and the compositions are really strong and keep those characters central. The only minor thought I could offer is that the magic and costume almost fall by the wayside. The crisp lines and bright colors are wonderful!
The judges give Stonefall a combined score of 94. Their training gives them an additional 90 points for a final score of 184.
Prizes: 1 SC, 2 Max HP, x1 String, Rhino Beetle, 200 Silvence, Kitfo, Citrine, Citrine, Large Stone, Rusty Stone
Competitors: Bunting 488 and Bran 55
Judge Scores: 45, 42
1) The interaction between bunting and Bran is so pure and adorable, and though are contrasting colors they always fit so well together and show such a loving interaction. Buntings outfit in the second panel is pure cuteness as well. Maybe next time zoom out a but to see more of the background, as important as the characters are it’s nice to get a bigger picture of the entire scene.
2) The warm colors here are so entrancing. I love the small homey touches in the coffee cup and in the delivery outfit! I would have loved to see a little more detail and variety in the backgrounds, but it’s hard to begrudge Bunting and Bran center stage.
The judges give Bunting a combined score of 87. Their training gives them an additional 66 points for a final score of 153.
Prizes: 1 SC, x1 Forged Metal, 100 Silvence, Kitfo, Quartz, Herbs, +1 Max HP
Competitors: Lilian 81 and Liam 28
Judge Scores: 50, 44
1) First all, man those winter backgrounds are gorgeous and Lillian’s colors look great with it. Liam is also adorable in his little delivery outfit. My only complaint is i think little too much texture in the foreground, so the peace looks a little dulled.
2) I’m entranced with the details in the costume entry. Every fold in the fabric, every tiny detail really showcase the characters. The textures in the background are so crisp without losing any of that detail. By comparison, the magic piece feels a little more muddled and lacking in detail. I do love the visual pun of the loveletter kites!
The judges give Lilian a combined score of 94. Their training gives them an additional 81 points for a final score of 175.
Prizes: 1 SC, x1 Forged Metal, Rhino Beetle, 100 Silvence, Kitfo, Skittercritter, Skittercritter, +1 Max HP