Talent Show challenges are a way to gain SC, Silvence, crafted items, activity items, and unique Familiars! Each season, the talent shows have a unique theme.
? Autumn 2020 Theme: Leaves ?
Preferred Stat: Willpower
To enter, comment on this post with the following form filled out:
Your Dragon Import:
Your Rider Import:
Buffs: (familiars, etc.)
Which Emissary Slot?:
Depict your dragon using magic related to the current theme. At the same time, it should be dressed to match the theme. If the example is spooky, then you can draw your dragon scaring someone with their elemental magic. What sort of magic you use and what sort of outfit you grab are up to interpretation, but the magic should also match the element of the dragon.
Scoring & Judging
Once your dragon has entered into the Talent Show, you are given a score influenced by your dragon’s stats plus a score from judges. If your Rider is depicted alongside the dragon, their stats will be added in. You may increase your stats by taking part in Training or feeding your dragon certain foods. One stat will have more weight than the others, so dragons with a high stat that matches it will perform better than others, even if it doesn’t have the highest stats overall.
Judging is based on four criteria–Technique, Creativity, Effort, and Impact. These are weighed against the average quality of the entrant’s deviations. Judges give each criteria a score from 0-15. At least two judges will judge a piece. Judges will never judge their own entries. Judges will provide anonymous explanations about their score.
Potential Judges Include: cosmonstars, the7eventhRider, Xaunus, kytazy, tomboy-kei, h0ata, sunlitsecrets, returu
There is a small element of RNG, so the final winners are always a toss-up. The highest score will be chosen as winner, while everyone else will receive runner-up prizes.
It may take up to two weeks for Talent Show results to be released.
Talent Show Rules
- Although it takes place over the course of a season, you may enter once per month. That means you can enter each talent show three times and gain a participation prize three times. Keep in mind that only one dragon entry can win the Show at the end of it all!
- You receive your participation prize immediately after entry.
- In art, dragons should be full body, Riders (if depicted) should be half body or more, and the whole image should have coloring, shading, and a background.
- Written entries should be 600 words.
- Entries must follow the theme. If your entry does not follow the theme, your score will be much lower than usual.
- Only small or tiny dragons can participate in Talent Shows. Dragons with the Miniature trait may also participate, even if they would otherwise be too big. Dragons with the Mythic Body trait are also welcome to join, as long as they squish into a miniature form!
- Talent Shows cannot be combined with other activities.
- Talent show entries must be made by the corresponding competitors.
- Talent shows end on the last day of the season. The current Talent Show ends on November 30th, 11:59PM .
- Currently, all Talent Shows are Tier I. This means all stats are capped at 30, even if you have stats or buffs above that.
The player with the highest score goes home with the Winner’s prize, but all participants also go home with a participation prize!
Familiars and activity items from your prizes match your dragon’s element. Food items match the preferred stat of the Talent Show.
5SC | +3 Max HP | 1 Untrained Crafted Items | 1 Food Item| 100 Silvence | 4 Activity Items | Talent Show Familiar | 1 Slot to a 2020 Emissary
5SC | +1 Max HP | 1 Untrained Crafted Items | 1 Food Item| 100 Silvence | 2 Activity Items | 50% Chance of Talent Show Familiar | 1 Slot to a 2020 Emissary