Spirits of the Land
After the festivities of October, it’s time to pay one last moment of respect to the dearly departed. They are offered the first meals of the harvest–especially sweets! The last day in particular is the day that the spirits of children come out to play. At the end of the week, all of the year’s lingering souls and the returning spirits of Autumn depart the world once more.
Bounty of Toil
With the departure of ghosts, it’s time to focus on the living. Since this is the month of Earth, it makes sense that feats of strength would be at the center of festivities…and there’s a whole bunch of stuff left to harvest! Dragons and Riders alike show off their strength and stamina by harvesting the last of the crops. When the crops are inevitably cleared, the week turns into contests of strength! Friendly games and fierce battles abound as the tree leaves start to fall.
Traditions of the Ages
Strength isn’t all about muscle. Every family has a set of odd traditions that helps them grow stronger as people. During the last weeks of November, people share these traditions in the hope that they will all grow stronger for the coming Winter! Families, flocks, and groups of friends gather together to participate in these silly activities.
Feast of the Harvest
Now that the crops are harvested, it’s also time to put them to use. For the most competitive Riders and their dragons, it’s time for some cooking and eating contests. For all of the normal people, everyone visits their neighbors to give them extra food for the Winter. By the time the snow rolls around, everyone has a healthy stockpile of all kinds of luxurious foods. Each town has a day during this period where all of the food which cannot be fit into stores or be preserved is cooked and used in a giant feast. This is the largest meal of the year, that much is sure!
Rules and Stuff:
- All dragons get a +1 EXP event bonus, with Earth and Dark dragons getting an extra +1 EXP bonus (so, +2 EXP total for Earth and Dark dragons, or +3 EXP for Earth/Dark crossbreeds).
- At least one elemental dragon must appear in the event entry.
- If you don’t own a dragon, you can use the new Emissaries, Kolie and Kitten.
- You must be the artist of the entry in order to receive prizes.
- Collaborations should include at least two dragons. Both collaborators will receive prizes (so long as the individuals have not hit their monthly limit!).
- If you do the same prompt more than once, you will get the event EXP bonus for it, but not another prize for that prompt.
- Written work must be 300 words minimum, plus 300 for each extra dragon. Art must be full body with a background, coloring, and shading.
- All event images must be uploaded before 11:59PM on December 1st. You will have 24 hours to turn in your last event images after that point.