A strange traveler is in town with a taste for silver. Spend tickets at their stall to unlock special blessings! Visit their stall here. Unlike previous years, you may complete a prompt as many times as you like.
Complete a gift with any of the following themes to earn a silver raffle ticket. You might recognize these from an old Festival of the Night calendar. Everything is due on the last day of December.
- Snow Birds
- Voice on the Wind
- Hot Cocoa
- Fairy Lights
- Silver and Gold
- In the Pines
- Snow Flights
- Ice Fishing
- Winter Flower
- Guiding Light
- Good Tidings
- Snow Steeds
- Winter Spirit
- Unwelcome Company
- Party Drinks
Looking for someone to draw? Check the masterlist! If you need someone more specific (colossal earth dragon, maybe?), you can use the Advanced Search function. Always check the gift art rules of a dragon before you draw them. Use Art Turn-in to earn your tickets before the end of December 31st. Giftees may turn in the art at any point to earn EXP for their dragons.
Rules for Gifts:
• Art images must have a full body dragon, shading, a background, and be 300x300px or higher (coloring is optional, as long as all elements are clear, including the background).• Written entries have a minimum of 300 words, plus 300 for each extra dragon character (extra Riders will not add to the minimum unless they are doing activities of their own).
• You must include an uploaded dragon that belongs to another player in the gift. Riders do not contribute to the gift requirement.
• You can draw the prompts on any day before January 1st.
• Turn them in through normal Art Turn-in with Festival of Night and Day as the activity.
• You can’t combine themes into the same illustration, although you may include them in the same deviation/in an activity sheet with clear borders between each art piece.
• Only the artist of an image will receive raffle tickets.
• When collaborating, any dragon owned by the collaborators cannot count as a gift. Collaborations require two gifts at 600 words at minimum (plus 300 per additional character), or sketch/lines+coloring+shading+bg if there is art. In art, there is a minimum of two dragons illustrated. This is more than the standard requirements, but both collaborators receive tickets for their gifts.
• All dragon elements receive 2 Event EXP in each event entry.
• You can’t receive any sort of compensation for a gift. It should not be part of an art payment, trade, entry for a giftee’s contest, or anything similar.
• Dragons you own that are depicted with the giftee may receive rolls as normal, though they do not contribute to the event.
• You can include up to four dragons in a gift.
• Raffle tickets may not be traded, sold, or gifted.
• Gifts must follow gift art rules. If the player wants a tag, then you must find a way to alert them. You can also create a journal hub and use comments to tag people. Whatever you do, make sure to follow those rules!
Turn-in form for gift art:
Characters Gifted: [link to each character sheet]
Themes: [list themes for each image]
Here is an example of the expected event minimum for art:
If you complete 31 unique prompts, you unlock a special badge for participating in Festival of the Night! This will appear in your User Profile. You may use entries from previous years to get a head start on this.