Time for something new! Or…old? Like last month, a traveler has made their way to your realm! They seem a bit more trustworthy than the last and offer special talismans as well as dragon eggs. These eggs are hatching early, and need Riders as soon as possible! Will you be able to form a bond and take them home? They will hatch one day at a time, starting January 10th. Winners are decided at the end of the event.
Complete a gift with any of the following themes to earn a silver ticket. Tickets are spent at Apollo’s Stall, which will open later this week. On top of that, you might have a chance of hatching a related egg! To enter for a character, simply draw gift art of that theme. You can only enter once. Silver tickets are not used to enter these raffles.
Everything is due at 11:59 PM on February 28th.
- Fallen Leaves
- Fur Coat
- Pumpkin Spice
- Roasted Chestnuts
- Snowball Fight
- Stained Glass
- Spider’s Web
Looking for someone to draw? Check the masterlist! If you need someone more specific (colossal earth dragon, maybe?), you can use the Advanced Search function. Always check the gift art rules of a dragon before you draw them. Use Art Turn-in to earn your tickets before the end of February 28th. Giftees may turn in the art at any point to earn EXP for their dragons.
Entering for all dragons will get you a shiny badge and…that’s it. If you miss the badge this year, you may finish earning it next year. You do not need to do all themes to enter for anything. Simply do the prompts you enjoy! Dragon prizes are rolled randomly, with priority for players that have the fewest dragons. (Admins/mods are treated as having one dragon already, so all regular players in a pool will win dragons before admins/mods can win them.)
Rules for Gifts:
• Art images must have a full body dragon, shading, and a background. All traits of the dragon must be clearly visible.
• Written entries have a minimum of 300 words, plus 300 for each extra dragon character (extra Riders will not add to the minimum unless they are doing activities of their own).
• You must include an uploaded dragon that belongs to another player in the gift. Riders do not contribute to the gift requirement.
• You may do a theme as many times as you want, but you can only enter for the dragon once.
• You can draw the prompts on any day before February 28th.
• Turn them in through normal Art Turn-in with Festival of the Day as the activity.
• You can’t combine themes into the same illustration, although you may include them in the same deviation/in an activity sheet with clear borders between each art piece.
• Only the artist of an image will receive raffle tickets.
• No collaborations are allowed during this event.
• All dragon elements receive 2 Event EXP in each event entry.
• You can’t receive any sort of compensation for a gift. It should not be part of an art payment, trade, entry for a giftee’s contest, or anything similar.
• Giftees cannot use their gifts for rolls (and familiars cannot be applied to their gifts, with the exception of the Party Parrot).
• Dragons you own that are depicted with the giftee may receive rolls as normal, though they do not contribute to the event.
• You can include up to four dragons in a gift.
• Tickets may not be traded, sold, or gifted.
• Gifts must follow gift art rules. If the player wants a tag, then you must find a way to alert them. You can also create a journal hub and use comments to tag people. Whatever you do, make sure to follow those rules!
Turn-in form for gift art:
Characters Gifted: [link to each character sheet]
Themes: [list themes for each image]
Here is an example of the expected event minimum for art:
If you complete 31 unique prompts, you unlock a special badge for participating in Festival of the Day! This will appear in your User Profile. For future events, you may use entries from previous years to get a head start on this. This means you can’t miss the badge, and even if you don’t do all prompts this year, you can put them towards next year’s badge.