A Rider may create a Den for them and their dragons to reside in. It allows you to house 3 Familiars and any amount of furniture, though this can be upgraded. When applying for a den or applying a home makeover, you must choose a decoration theme. Any art done of your den must match the theme. Here are some example themes:
- Giant Castle
- Crystal Cave
- Beachside Shack
Get creative and go wild! You may have one den per Rider. They may cohabitate for some of that sweet lore, but they CANNOT share furniture functions. Dens must be done separately per Rider. Once you are ready to establish a den, illustrate your Rider’s home. Turn it in through the normal art activities page with the activity ‘House Warming.’ Written entries must be at least 300 words long. Include your exact theme so it can be added to your Rider’s reference. Fill out the following form and use Art Turn-in:
You may also use the regular art form and put ‘housewarming’ if it qualifies for a normal roll/characters appear in such a way they would get EXP. You should still put both the Den Title and Theme somewhere on your comment.
BENEFITS OF A DEN:
- Unique Prompts: Some decorations will give you unique prompts for special bonuses. Follow the prompt to gain the benefits.
- Familiars: You may house three familiars to start with. Each familiar has its own unique effect and gives your dragon an EXP bonus when illustrated together with it. To house more familiars, you can craft accommodations for them or have your Rider take up the Rancher job.
- Throwing Parties: Party images have 10 or more characters depicted in your den. One of them must be the dragon or the Rider that resides in the den (you can’t throw a party without a host!). All participants in a party that do not belong to the Den’s owner (the player, or players in case of a collaboration) gain a bonus 10EXP. Note that you should follow the established theme of your den. This cannot double as activity rolls or other types of prompts. For written art, the minimum word count for parties is 2000 words (it should be 200 per character on average!). Images must be full body for all characters, with a standard background, color, and shading.
- Resting: Your dragon(s) may recover 5 HP per day. While they are resting, they will be unable to participate in activity rolls or battles (events and den prompts are fine as long as no battling is involved). Make a comment on this page to say that your dragon is resting. Your dragon’s profile will be updated to show that they are resting. When you are ready to use them again, make a new comment.
If you choose to illustrate them, you may choose a different appearance. In example, you can draw a Calendar as a Sun Dial instead. They simply have to match the item in use! You must also have the furniture installed in/applied to your Den on your Rider profile. You can get furniture by crafting, trading, or buying from the Silvence store.
Characters depicted in these prompts must include at least one of the Den’s occupants (Dragon or Rider). Riders may turn in their own rolls. Prompts cannot be used as party images unless specifically stated.
These give passive effects. They do not count as Den Prompts.
- Calendar – Give a bonus +3EXP for event images held in the den. If a Party image matches a current event prompt, the Calendar bonus will also apply.
- Pet Pen – Maximum familiars goes up by 3.
- Pet Toys – Maximum familiars goes up by 2.
Den Prompt Rules:
Art must have a background, coloring, shading, and a relation to the prompt. Writing has a minimum of 600 words. In addition, you can claim an activity for every 300 words if there is more than one dragon. This means that an adventure with one dragon has a minimum of 600, an adventure with two dragons has a minimum of 600, and an adventure with three dragons has a minimum of 900.
Only four dragons can participate in an activity in each art piece. However, for den prompts, you may also add up to 4 Riders, bringing the maximum to 8! If the activity is different (such as a magic unlock VS an adventure), it still contributes to the minimum. Quick Reference Guide:
1 Dragon = 600 Word Minimum
1 Dragon + 1 Rider = 600 Word Minimum
2 Dragons + 1 Rider = 900 Word Minimum
3 Dragons + 2 Riders = 1500 Word Minimum
The furniture must be placed in one of the characters’ Den in order to be used. If using another player’s Den items, they still must have a host character that lives in the Den. If the art is not done by the owner of the den, then they must have additional leasing permission to be using the Den. If a prompt takes place outside of the Den’s perimeters (such as a space adventure with the star chart), then the purpose of the journey must benefit the Den, follow the Den’s theme, or have the piece of furniture in question present.
- Animal Coop – Show your character interacting with a domestic animal (other than Gryphons, dragons, Keo, and Tombre, Focas, Obsidians). Chance of receiving the following loot: Feathers, Claws and Fangs, Eggs, Fleece, Milk, Large Bones, Small Bones, Pearls, Large Bones, Large Animal Skins, Small Animal Skins, Beautiful Shells, Scales, and Skittercritters.
- Ancient Reconstruction – Show your character using their Reconstruction to travel to the past or future. If they are already in the different time, the den item should be present. This drops two Earth activity items.
- Aquarium – Show your character finding aquatic flora, fauna, or treasure. This drops two Ocean activity items.
- Aviary – Show your character caring for Gryphons. This drops various Gryphon-related items that they bring back to your character.
- Canvas – Show your character creating art. Gain a random amount of Silvence.
- Bird Feeder – Show your character interacting with the feathered wildlife near their den. Chance of receiving the following loot: Gemstones, Scrap Metal, Feathers, Small Animal Skin, Sticks, Skittercritters, Eggs, Beautiful Shell, Glass, Random Amount of Silvence.
- Bookshelf – Show your Rider or dragon acting out a story or play. If it does not take place in the den, then the story chosen should match the theme of the den. This drops two Wind activity items.
- Crafting Station – Show your Rider working or managing an area with their Tailoring tools. They receive an Exotic Silk that guarantees success in an Artisan Tailor craft.
- Crystal Chandelier – Show your Rider hosting a fancy or luxurious event; They may also be invited to another fancy event so long as they have an invitation that was sent to their den. This drops two Light activity items.
- Decorative Sword – Show your dragon or Rider using a forged weapon to battle. The weapon should match the theme of your den. Gain two random Fire activity items.
- Diary – Depict a moment from the daily life of your character. Receive two random Adventure items.
- Dreamcatcher – Draw a strange dream that your dragon and rider share together. Receive two random Adventure items.
- Entertainment System – Show your dragon or Rider as they would appear in a video game. If the den item is not directly depicted, user interface must be visible (such as hearts, hp bars, stats, etc.). Genre is your choice. They may take any form, as long as they are recognizable as your dragon. Gain two random Thunder activity items.
- Fireplace – Dragon and rider share a story from the past. The memory gains a +5EXP bonus.
- First Aid Kit – Care for a dragon another player owns. Their HP increases by 15.
- Flowerbed – When the den’s dragon is drawn in a romantic scene with another dragon alongside flowers, both gain an extra +3 EXP.
- Forge – Show your Rider making a metal, glass, or clay object. They receive a Perfect Ingot that guarantees success in an Artisan Blacksmith craft.
- Head Mount – Show your character setting up, planning, or checking traps around the den. Gain two random hunting adventure items.
- Garden – Show your character interacting with their garden or selling their produce. Chance of receiving the following loot: Berries, Herbs, Skittercritters, Algae, Large Stone, Clay, Suspicious Spores, Sticks, Roses, Peppers, Papyrus, Flower Seeds, and Beautiful Shells.
- Hot Springs – Draw two dragons in a romantic scene at a watery feature of the Den. If the dragons share an element, you receive a ‘Pure Bead’ item which guarantees a majority of purebreds in a clutch. If the dragons share no elements, you receive a ‘Crystal Bead’ item which guarantees a majority of crossbreeds in a clutch. These items may be traded between players.
- Koi Pond – Draw your character hanging out or interacting with a body of freshwater close to the den. Chance of receiving the following loot: Scales, Small Bones, Algae, Beautiful Shell, Pearls, Turquoise, Suspicious Spores, Herbs, Clay, Limestone, Skittercritter, Sugarcane, Eggs, and Logs.
- Oven – Depict your Rider cooking, trying to cook, or serving a meal that they made. They receive a Secret Ingredient that guarantees success in Alchemist Artisan crafts.
- Roulette – Show your character playing a game of chance or gambling. This drops two Storm activity items.
- Soft Bed – Show your character sleeping in their soft bed. They regain 25 HP.
- Star Chart – Show your dragon or Rider on some sort of adventure that uses stars or space. If they are already on their adventure, the den item should be present. Gain two random Dark activity items.
- Tacklebox – Show your character fishing using their tools. Receive two random items from salvaging adventures.
- Weather Vane – Show your character weathering the storm in their home. Receive two random items from gathering adventures.
- Wishing Well – Show your character making a wish at some sort of lucky monument on their property (fountains, wells, shrine, etc.). They gain the [Lucky] status their next activity roll will be rolled twice. Their status returns to normal after it is successfully activated in an activity roll.
- Workbench – Show your Rider at work using wood as a material or creating some type of Den decoration. Receive a High-quality Lumber that guarantees the success of an Artisan Carpenter craft.