When a dragon learns magic, it does more than give them some neat abilities. It allows them to take on forms that relate to their element. Once a dragon has reached Tier Four of magic through the help of their Rider, they may display these traits. How they are displayed is up to you. Adding elemental traits will require an Import Change item. A dragon receives one free import change upon reaching level five, so it’s recommended to save that for adding these elemental traits! A dragon that has the Elemental Anomaly mutation will display effects of the corresponding element the moment it is hatched.
| General Effects
If your dragon has a trait that matches the element of Tier IV magic, that trait becomes charged.
| Elemental Effects on your Dragon
Here are some ideas for how to change the physiology of your dragon. Feel free to get creative.
- Light – Its entire body glows or shimmers.
- Fire – Light that dragon on fire. A fiery tail, smoke coming from the nostrils, wings made of fire.
- Jungle – A bundle of living, eerily sentient flowers hanging on its neck. Little bugs that follow it around.
- Thunder – Sparks that fly around the dragon. An aurora flowing around it. Markings that change color.
- Earth – Crystalline growths all over the body. Parts melting into sand.
- Ocean – Fins made out of froth. Parts turning into water. Seashells or coral attached to it.
- Storm – Frozen areas of the body. Objects attached to it. Tornado tails.
- Wind – Wings or tails made of mist/clouds. The ability to levitate. Large plumes.
- Dark – A living shadow, multiple eyes, ghosts hanging around, bloody eyes, bones.
- Metal – A molten metal body. Textured or spiky scales. Scales made of metal.
For more information about how to use these effects, check out the individual element pages.
| Magic Effects on Markings and Mutations
Want it to affect markings and mutations? No problem! Let’s consider the halo mutation for our examples. It is normally a flat sheet of light. However, with a bit of fire magic, it could be…on fire. With earth magic, you can have gemstones floating around in it. Thunder will have it flicker and send out bolts. As for markings, you can have an Ocean dragon leak water out of, say, their spots. You can have pollen constantly surround a Jungle dragon. And, as always, you can just have the crest be on Fire for fire dragons. Fire dragons are pretty easy.
| Magic Effect Rules
- All markings and traits that the dragon has should still be discernible.
- Must clearly be related to the element. Do not use blood to represent the Ocean element, for example. Blood is a Dark element thing.
| Making Changes to Your Dragon
In order to change the appearance of your dragon, you’ll want to get an Import Update item. I recommend using your free import change once a dragon reaches Level 5. If you already used that, then this item is available through Crafting. You will need to go through the character submission process before the change can be made.