| Recessive Genes |
You may choose for a gene to be recessive. This means it will not show up on the physical appearance of your dragon. Choosing recessive traits will make them harder to pass to offspring. If you receive a physical trait from a different element (such as ‘aquatic limbs’ on an Earth dragon or ‘Wingless’ on a Fire dragon), you may make that recessive and choose one of the base element physical traits instead. Physical traits that are made recessive drop off of the gene entirely.
| Charged Traits |
When breeding parents with the same trait, sometimes an egg will have that trait…Charged. A Charged trait does not affect breedings, but it can give that dragon a unique appearance. Whether you choose to use Charged rules or normal rules is entirely up to you–charged markings simply have expanded design choices. You can find out the details of Charged traits on that specific page (IE: for Charged Stripes, check Stripes).
| Physical Traits |
| Display Traits |
Ultra-Rare | Rare | Uncommon | Common
| Modifier Traits |
Ultra-rare | Rare | Uncommon | Common
Beyond these traits, there are a few mutations not attached to any element. Italicized mutations cannot be inherited. All except for Independent and Genesis have a chance of appearing randomly in a clutch.
- Albinism – Prevents most display traits from showing on your dragon and turns the scale base white. Some things which affect the texture of scales, such as Shimmer or Gilded, will still display. In areas where the scales are thin, some skin coloring may show through. You may use light pink and light tan as accents. There are several other effects available in the guide.
- Eclipse – Allows a dragon to breed with both male and female dragons. Its sex is changed to Eclipse upon hatching. If your dragon prefers a certain pronoun, simply type its pronouns in parenthesis after its sex. In example: Sex: Eclipse (they/them) .
- Elemental Anomaly – This dragon can learn Tier I magic of the corresponding element. Additionally, the Elemental Anomaly mutation will display magical effects in its design from the moment it’s hatched. They also gain a terrain bonus from the corresponding element and may wear equipment of a matching element. It has access to all color sliders that its anomaly does, in addition to its usual palette.
- Elemental Chimerism – Your dragon has their element rolled twice, raising the maximum number of elements to four. Only one set of elements may pass to the children, which must be designated at the design stage.They gain the benefits of multiple elements where applicable, such as magic mastery or marking inheritance. It has access to all color sliders that its elements do.
- Fortune – This dragon always has the Lucky status. Lucky doubles the amount of regular loot you bring back from activities.
- Frail – One of the Dragon’s elements is replaced with Thunder or Dark. You may choose which element is replaced, and with what. This mutation cannot be made recessive. On single element dragons, you may tack on one of the two or replace the single element.
- Harmony – This dragon is compatible with all elements.
- Genesis – Allows the dragon to have eggs without a mate. Courtship art is unavailable for this type of reproduction. The parent would be used as both the mother and father in the breeder, so it does not create true clones 100% of the time. Eggs born from Genesis will have the same lineage as their parent. It has a lower chance of passing than other mutations. It will never appear randomly in a clutch.
- Greying – Desaturates areas of your dragon. (more info here)
- Independent – This is a trait exclusive to auctions, events, sales, and dragons bred from one of those. It allows your dragon to exist without a Rider. On top of this, they may form a bond with a Rider of any elemental specialty. You are still free to give them one, of course! Many game elements require a Rider.
- Kaleidoscope – Eggs from this dragon will have one extra random trait. It is affected by rarity. Two Kaleidoscope parents will still lay eggs with a single extra trait.
- Melanism – Prevents most display traits from showing on your dragon and turns the scale base black. Some things which affect the texture of scales, such as Shimmer or Gilded, will still display. You may use light dark brown as an accent and for markings lighter than the base. There are several other effects available in the guide.
- Multi-winged – Your dragon has more than one pair of wings on its back. If your dragon is wingless, you may pick a single type of wing from this page to apply to your dragon.
- Monochrome – Choose one slider from any element. Your base coat and marking rules no longer apply, and must instead take on a single hue of your choosing plus black and white for desired markings (this is literal–check your hue value).
- Prodigy – If a dragon would gain stats outside of battle, it gains that many +1 instead. This does not apply to HP.
- Shifter – This dragon may exchange any of their physical traits with any other non-mythic traits. Once this dragon is uploaded, its traits are set in stone and can no longer change.
- Reliant – This is a trait exclusive to auctions, events,and sales. The dragon may form a bond with a Rider of any elemental specialty.
- World-eater – Choose an element. The dragon gains elemental breath of that element (such as breathing fire or spitting stones). Once chosen, the element cannot be changed, even with redesigns. This allows the dragon to learn the Tier IV breath attack of that element, even if the dragon does not match that element.
| Legacy Markings |
Legacy traits have had a drastic design change. To preserve the old markings and design opportunities for those eggs and dragons, a certain amount of dragons are allowed to show the old effect. If parents or grandparents have an ID before the cutoff ID, and the dragon inherited the trait from that relative, it may show the Legacy effect. The parent or grandparent before the cutoff ID must be in the visible lineage on the dragon’s profile.
| Retired Trait Names |
These traits had their names changed for one reason or another. If you encounter an egg with one of these traits, here is the translation!