While exceedingly rare, there are some dragons that run rampant in the wild or hatch a bit early. They prefer Terrains that match their element. If a character encounters one of these dragons, they can try and tame them.
To tame a dragon, you must choose a method of taming and create an art piece with that theme. All illustrated entries need to be full body with a background, color, and shading. All written entries need to be 600 words or longer.
To gain the Rider bonuses, your Rider will need to be depicted alongside your dragon. Each character depicted may turn in their piece (including Riders). A Rider and their dragon will have the same chance of taming–Rider boosts are given to the dragon, and dragon boosts are given to the Rider. You may only choose one taming method. Each successful taming attempt will reward 1 SC.
You can’t commission, trade, or gift taming images. The character attempting to tame must belong to you (you can’t lease the characters of others). When doing art for group tamables, the winner will be able to turn in your art for EXP.
Current Tamable Dragon
Mark down your taming method in the ‘buffs’ section of your Art Turn-in form. If you are using the respect taming prompt, put the item you are offering in the ‘item’ section of your Art Turn-in form.
- Battle – Depict your dragon battling the other. Your dragon will take damage from this.
- Talk – Depict your dragon having a normal conversation with the dragon or hanging out.
- Play – Depict Your dragon making mischief with the new friend.
- Respect – Depict your dragon respecting or honoring the new friend by presenting an item from your player inventory. This item is removed from your inventory.
Wild dragons all have a set disposition. Pay attention to that disposition when you try to tame a dragon.
Neutral Neutral dragons receive +5% from any prompt.
Friendly Friendly receive +5% from any prompt.
Fierce Battle +10% | Talk -5% | Play -10% | Respect +5%
Calm Battle -10% | Talk +10% | Play +5% | Respect -5%
Curious Battle -5% | Talk +5% | Play +10% | Respect -10%
Aloof Battle +5% | Talk -10% | Play -5% | Respect +10%
- Level 1 Dragon – 10%
- Level 2 Dragon – 20%
- Level 3 Dragon – 30%
- Level 4 Dragon – 40%
- Level 5 Dragon – 50%
- Dragon Rider – 10%
- Dragon Companion – 20%
- Dragon Knight – 30%
- Dragon Master – 40%
Trainer II+ Boost
- Trainer II or Trainer III – 10%
If the Rider or Dragon has an element matching or opposed to the dragon they are trying to tame, the dragon’s opinion will change accordingly. Entries may only receive one of each boost, which means you can have 10% maximum, -10% minimum, and that the two can cancel each other out.
- Matching Element – 10%
- Opposing Element – Minus 10%
In addition to your entry, you may offer one food item to the dragon. This offering is separate from the Respect prompt.
- Mutton Stew – 10% Boost to Fierce Dragon Taming
- Seared Salmon – 10% Boost to Friendly Dragon Taming
- Carmine Yogurt – 10% Boost to Calm Dragon Taming
- Padrón Pepper Roulette – 10% Boost to Curious Dragon Taming
- Kitfo – 10% Boost to Aloof Dragon Taming
- Any of the Above – 5% Boost to Neutral or Friendly Dragon Taming